Saturday, January 26, 2008

Auntie Therese Memorial Post

Auntie Therese, who was Vincent Lawrence's youngest daughter, died on January 1st, 2008 in the UK. She is survived by her daughter Heather. Here is a picture of the two of them back when Auntie Therese was young, and Heather was just a child.

Heather was good enough to put up some pictures from the funeral, which you can see here. Mum made sure to send a bouquet of South African flowers on behalf of the entire family.


I've taken this opportunity to post an Auntie Therese Memorial Gallery on my Flickr account, consisting of pictures taken from the Lawrence Project archive. If you would like to share a memory of Auntie Therese, you can leave a comment at the bottom of this post. Also, feel free to add any details you know about the pictures in the gallery as comments at the bottom of each picture (e.g., I've left a comment on this picture of Auntie Therese's university graduation). Also, please do email me any photographs that you'd like me to add to the gallery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was very fond of Auntie Therese and I loved to make little gifts for her birthday like dainty embroidered hankies which were in style at the time. She was fond of me in return and she'd make me the occasional more fashionable dress than I possessed. I looked pretty good in them and enjoyed wearing them. Thanks, Auntie
Therese! Josephine Naidoo (daughter of Christina Naidoo, Therese's older sister.)

heather lawrence said...

Thank u for all the tributes that I have received re. mum from around the world.
We were devoted to one another as those of u who have read my eulogy will have realised.
If u want more info. about mum for the family history please contact me.
Much love to all
Heather xxx