Friday, June 8, 2007

South African Send-Off

Mamma and I have arrived safely back in Canada. We should have booked a wheelchair for Mamma - there was really too much walking for her, in both the Joberg and Heathrow airports. Once we arrived in Toronto, they immediately got us a wheelchair, and that made things a lot easier. It's clear that there are more resources and fewer people in Toronto, so it's easier to get services. Also, we missed our connection in Heathrow, but Air Canada was very helpful, and just booked us on the next available flight. I was happy to see that all our luggage arrived safely, and with everything there, as far as I can tell.

airport sendoffI was very touched to see so many family members there at the airport to see us off, including Auntie Carol and my cousin Christine, as well as Harold, Auntie Joan, Auntie Saroj, Uncle Raymond, and cousin Thanusha, and Uncle Cyril and Auntie Kogi. Everyone was very loving, and I felt very loved... I ended up wearing a red shirt and a striped suit. I had brought the suit for my birthday, but had left it in my mum's closet, and totally forgotten about it. I only discovered it again on our last day, so, I opted to wear it, even though it wasn't the most sensible choice.

I am very glad to be safely back in Canada, and I am looking forward to going out to BC on Sunday, so visit briefly with my friend Daryl, and then see my Dad for a week. And, of course, I am very much looking forward to seeing Sharmeen! The family in South Africa is very curious to meet her, and of course, they are encouraging us to get married! I told them I've got my best people working on it!

1 comment:

Sharmeen said...

this is interesting..i didn't see this before!!! oh cutie...are you proposing on a blog??? :)